Sunday, December 12, 2010

Online Dreams - Anil Emage

I was among children in a computer centre during a summer vacation outdoor training session when I received a call from LeadCap, our partner in Leadership Village YLP, a vision for the Indian Villages.Sangeeth , the founder of LeadCap was at the other end and he broke the news calmly.

 "Anil, you are going to do a session with me in Bangalore "

And of all the places, the session was to be held at Microsoft, a place you or me need no introduction.

So it all started. Laila and myself reached Bangalore, met Sangeeth and I refused to do a PPT simply for the reason that I have never done such a presentation in my life. But instead I showed the pictures of my children to the 23 selected Microsft Student Partners, brand Ambassadors of Microsoft and porudly came back for being played my humble part in the leadership sessions of LeadCap.

Then we learned how to make PPTs, bought a laptop, started nurturing dreams of starting online training sessions and Microsft Student Partners from Coimbatore came here , we were invited to Coimbatore and now again we are getting ready to go ahead with our IT educational activities.

I take this opportunity, first to thank Sangeeth for inviting us to Microsoft, Leadlab sessions for initiating us to the world of internet and CBEUG members for supporting us when we needed it desperately.

Now one of our students has designed this wonderful blog and I thank Sharath for his wonderful work and as one of the directors of AFRC, alongwith Laila, let me happily hand over this blog to Roshan, a plus one student who dreams of becoming something great in the world of computers. Roshan is just the tip of the iceberg and my best wishes are with his team , ably supported by Sharath ,Pooja, Ramsheena and Geethanjali.

No comments:

Post a Comment